Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jana's Foot... DUMB!


Any one who knows me at all knows that I LOVE High Heel Shoes. I would marry them if I could. I love them all: spike heels, wedges, black ones, pink ones, you name it... if they have a heel... I want them.
Well, 2 1/2 years back, I broke my foot at work. To sum up.... I worked on a broken foot for almost 6 weeks and it really messed up my big toe joint. NO MORE HIGH HEELS!!! Nooooooooooooooo....... Two years ago, I had surgery to try and fix the issue. Unfortunatly I did not work. I could wear small heels, but not for long periods of time and my foot hurt constantly.
Anyway.... We decided to give it one more try. I went under the knife again. This time for a expansive joint replacement surgery. Nutz. One little Titanium screw that cost $2400. Crazy! Here is a pic of the x-ray. Can you see that expensive little device?





This is right after surgery... it was still bleeding. Yucky.

The surgery was only supposed to be about an hour but it took almost 2 1/2 hours. There was way more scar tissue and bone spurs and chips floating around than the Doctor thought. That is part of why the healing process is taking so long. The muscles are still damaged from the cleaning.



This is how I got around for almost 1 month. No shower, no bath... GROSS!! Wanna see the scar... I know everyone does...





Before the shower.....





Gross!!!!!






..... After. Yeah!




Well.. I am working hard to keep it moving and get back into those shoes. Wish me luck!!!!

Jana

4 comments:

  1. you have grandma Christensen feet Jana! That looks painful. I am glad that you are healing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever said they wanted to see it was totally lying. I swear. It reminded me of the many times Dave would get his casts taken off and his leg/arm would be stinky and hairy. Good memories, eh?

    PS- Love that shoe. I love the look of heels but I have the worst feet. No heels ever feel comfortable to me. I suffer for church but throw those puppies off as soon as I walk in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knittle family...I am sorry I have not commented on this blog post!!!!!!!! Maybe if I did, it would inspire you to post something new about your new adventures in Texas. I want to know all about it!!!!!!!!! I want pics, stories about the people who wave and say hello all the time. I want to know how hot it is and how it is so hard to grow things because they just keep kicking the bucket... I want to know it all! So get blogging and share the info... if not on your family blog maybe the lightbourn one. I would sure love it!!!!!!!!!!!
    So here goes... Jana... I am glad your surgery is done and finished. I hope all your foot is completely healed by now. I think the pics of your foot are amazing and a little yucky. But I still want to look at them. Weird hu? but we all knew I was weird right!
    Love you all. Can't wait to see a new post about all of you! Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, is your foot a florescent color before the shower? :)

    ReplyDelete